Summer...

I gave in and loaded up for Portland yesterday only to lose a fuel pump relay 9 miles north of town...
Took and hour to figure out it was the relay so I hotwired the fuel pump and made it home. I dug around the old parts box but couldn't match the bad relay. Can't run the pump at the wrong voltage so I called it.
I grabbed the wifes wagon and hit the beach...
Had a nice summer kind of day. Swell was too big here and too small there but just right where I was.
Smoked out with some friends and we had a fun little session, all four of us spread out, like I said, it was summer-like.
The van is still loaded for Portland and if I can find an open shop today, I will get a relay and head up, I need the dough from the blanks so I can get to glassing the spring time longboards.
I have now shaped...
A retro fish, a 9'0" HP longboard, a 10'6" log, a 10'0" log, an 8'0" V-panel hull type thing, a 6'6" mini Simmons, a 9'4" log, a 9'2" modern longboard, copied a XXXXXX at 9'6" and a 9'4" SUP...I think I am missing something...
But yeah, I have shaped one of everything but a thruster...
Why not a thruster?
Because I don't ride one.
How the hell can I shape out something I know nothing about?



Well, suns up, going to start calling around to see who is open for my relay, I knew I should have just gone surfing first thing yesterday.
Priorities you know.
And thanks to the guy in Florence who stopped and happen to have a bit of fusible link in his tool box, that shit is handy. I owe you a wave.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.