I hate sanding...

I really do.
I have great sanders, medium pads, hard pads, soft pads.
But its nasty, dusty work.
I like the results and sure as shit, tomorrow morning I am riding the Simmons.
Or whatever it is.
I will get pictures of it tomorrow hopefully if it doesn't get snapped or burned in disgust...not really.
Its quite a departure from what I usually surf.
It weighs 6.5 pounds.
The log I rode yesterday is 17 pounds.
Oh boy, can't wait for the first wave on it.
I should make up a leash loop real quick, I am going to need it unless I feel like swimming.
That wide ass tail, I will eat a big breakfast so it will at least sink in a turn.
Anyway, I still hate sanding.

I started another hull at 8'4", kinda pushing the design a bit but with the narrower tail outline, it should work like the the 8'0" squirt gun I built.
The dims are identical except I pulled the outline at 36 inches, through the arc a 1/2 inch. Should do it. It looks right.
Same V panels to knifed rails.
I have a 9.5 inch fin just for the bastard, might foil it out even thinner for flex.

Anyway, its late, back to the sander while the wife and child are out spending the night at Grandma's.

I have two more fins to foil and then I am done for the night.
Ha.

See ya.

No comments: