To make it 'go'...lean back...

Had a short but sweet session at The Spot Which Must Not Be Named, six of us out but only three with the place wired up. Lots of hooting and hollering as the sets peeled through.
I was out on the 8'0" with a different fin (9.5 GL Flex) and the board was working very well for the spot. The drive off the bottom was more defined and stable, the sweet spot has moved back a few inches but the biggest change was the speed in trim and on the pump.
Had one wave from pretty deep and there was a guy who had been caught inside on the previous wave. he was in my line so I took the high trim, hit the bottom and two roller coaster pumps and I went all the way around him into a nice roundhouse cutback. I hit the rebound with more speed than I had going in, whipped it around just in time to see the guy caught inside take the wave on the head.
I smiled as I sped by...
Another little grom was out, Thomas I think, he got buried deep inside next to the rocks. I was paddling back out and looked over to the boneyard and there he was, taking waves on the head and losing ground to the rocks. I paddled over closer and mentioned to him he might want to paddle hard and quickly...
He made it out and stayed shoulder bound the rest of the session.
I had to run so I only got an hour of it, 11 waves, 7 to the beach.
Stopped at the SUP spot on the way to pick up Stella from school and had a go for 20 minutes on the SUP.

I fit the tail and nose blocks to Mikes board and this morning we should be glassing it. Well, he should. I will mix and pour but the rest is on him. I told him to wear long sleeves and gloves, cant wait to watch a total newbie wrap the rails!
After that...going to hit it again with the tide push, should be good and if not, I have the SUP ready to go.

I got a template for a MP style pintail, an outline he still favors but with more of a stubbie type tail section. I have the blank shaped and ready for the rails but there is some confusion out there....and of course, Sways is down with some new program and no one can post....
I am building the board for a certain local spot...
That doesn't break often but when it does...it will leave slower boards behind. And its not a spot you want to get behind the wave on...
Well, back to it, some filing and sanding to do before my firewood guy gets here at 0700.
See ya.

No comments: