Not much, you?

Been a slow week here at Campo De Cost Alotta...
Had a great weekend, no surf mind you but surf isn't everything...
I did have a look once...but nope, nothing doing in the dribblers.

Some Jew-fro wearing skinny white fuck did try to run up on me while checking the surf...


I heard a funny story...
A loooongtime local whom I respect dearly, once chased Whitless with a crescent wrench. I don't know why but I can imagine...
Anyway, what was interesting is this loooongtime local is the guy who is always getting after me for being late to the break..."Ya missed it, Kiddo..."
He leaves tide charts on my van....
Shapes his own blanks and boards, has a self-sufficient lifestyle, very green, has surfed here since the 1960's.
He has our spots wired up like only a surfer with 40 years here can.
Quite the Waterman and someone I look up too-I see myself as he when I am much older and grayer.
And, he knows an asshole kook when he sees one.
He and I have shared a few waves at the Mysto and other spots that most don't bother with, we once had a perfect right to ourselves for four hours, trading waves and his stories of old Coos and other nearby breaks.
He reminds me of my Father a bit but without the drama and cynicism.

Well, I am hoping to get two longboards shaped this week and glassed over the weekend, one Bing Lightweight for me and some kind of one off longboard for Spike
(you Kiwanda types might know Spike, he was up at your contest, his son is Ollie of Nelscott Reef fame, his other son is who I bought my current house from),
A local guy shaped a chined railed, ten finned, swallow tailed something or other and Spike wants one just like it.
Chine rails.
I had them on a custom Aipa Stinger way back when...work great on some designs.

Anyway, thats it from here, see ya...

No comments: